Now, I love a great scarf. As we speak, I have almost every color of those $5 pashmina scarves (you know the ones from the vendors in Soho or anywhere in Manthattan?) in my closet. Of course, there are a few that were a little bit more of an investment, but with good reason. Scarves are the perfect accessory to tie all the lose ends of your ensemble together.
But you may ask: Winter is over, so why should I still wear a scarf to work? It seems that wearing a scarf is actually less about keeping warm and more about asserting yourself in the workplace. I recently was fascinated by a BBC online article about scarves being the new power symbol for women stating that a scarf gives more visibility to women in the workplace. (Trust me, I know it’s our instincts, brilliant minds, hard work, long hours, and multi-tasking selves-Moms!-that really makes us visible. But for a moment, let’s discuss fashion.) So in the spirit of sharing (as always), here are the 5 reasons why you should wear a scarf through the year.
1. Scarves draw attention to your face and that’s where you want people to be looking when you are speaking, especially about anything of importance.
2. Wearing a bright colored scarf says that you are confident enough in yourself to wear that bright color. It also adds that pop of color to the often dark colored work ensemble.
3. You will look refined (choose fabric and color with purpose). I love that the brand consulting firm Managing Director at Corporate Class, Mirella Zanatta, in the article stated “One piece of clothing equals one word in a sentence. ” So I say get dressed and use a scarf to be a whole be a paragraph!
4. The caliber of your work (whatever it may be; even SAHM’s work!) will improve. Yes, I said it. When you feel good, you do good. You also walk taller, get away from your desk/house more often (presumably because you want people to see your outfit…and scarf), and are more productive as a result.
5. It can be a great conversation piece. You know that person that always just passes you by and never says anything? Well, a scarf can be an icebreaker! Seriously. Whether you want to start the conversation or they do, wearing a great scarf moves people to speak to you-so choose wisely and have fun with it! Isn’t that was fashion is about? Fun!
So the next time you try wearing a scarf with a purpose, take a picture and share it with us on Instagram or Twitter (See “Stay Connected” on sidebar) We’d love to know how the day goes! I am enjoying meeting my new readers on social media! Thank you for reading!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Welcome! This Season’s Gold is a space that celebrates making each day count through stories of personal strength, passion and inspiration in all facets of life - from style to beauty, motherhood and travel - sharing my part of the world to leave you with a bit of inspiration for yours.