In just a few days, I return to the full swing of a new school year (yes, this early!), and I am excited to enter my 12th year of teaching theatre and film! But there is no denying that being on vacation and relaxing with my family is the best thing in life! One of our favorite homemade ice cream shops to go to in Cape Cod is called Sundae School, in Harwichport. It really is one of the best places to get ice cream on the Cape! We wait all year to have their delicious speciality ice cream named Shark’s Tooth, a decadent raspberry ice cream with white chocolate chips! Now I’m sure I can find it elsewhere, but there definitely is something about going out for ice cream on vacation on a casual night out with my family that makes it so much better! And when we go out for ice cream (and mini-golf!) on a hot day, I’m comfortably happy dressing casual chic for the day.
It can get rather cool in the evening on the Cape, so always having an extra layer – like a shirt jacket or sweatshirt – on hand is a good idea. I don’t wear shorts or sneakers too often, but I happen to love the belted and loose fit of these shorts that are comfortable and make it easy to run around and play with my son without having to wear jeans.
Thank you for reading! And if you have a moment, check out the features from this past week’s Links a La Mode with Independent Fashion Bloggers, which I am happy to have been a part of this week!
Links à la Mode, July 28
- The Antisocialista: Basically, Be Basic
- Boheme Royale: And You See Your Gypsy
- Couture Crush: Couture Crushin | Flower Lipstick Review
- Curls & Cakes: Fiery Red
- Dressing With Class: Outfit for Adventure
- Elements of Ellis: Printed Dress
- Everyday Starlet: The French Beauty Solution Review
- Goldwill Digger: Prim & Romper
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: What I Wore for an Evening with a Geisha
- I’m a Norbyah: The House of Folklore
- Layers of Chic: How to Dress Like Taylor Swift
- Lucy Van Dean: Sometimes You Get Lucky
- Middle of Somewhere: The Best Distressed Boyfriend Shorts & Weekly Linkup
- Ms. FABulous: NYFWM | Black Lives Matter | Making Street Style Count
- MsYoLee: Definition of SOAK for Fashions Sake
- Outfit Zest: Quitting Fashion
- Suzanne Carillo: Top Ten Comfortable Stylish Shoes for Mature Feet
- Tales of Two: Weekend Getaway to Nelson Bay
- The Wanderbliss: Aztec Adventure
- This Season’s Gold: The Event | Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks