If you find yourself only having 6 hours in Miami for a short visit due to a layover or a late flight after a cruise, here’s a great way to get a taste of all the Miami vibes, good eats and a quick beach visit too without doing too much. No Uber needed.
- Book with Resort for a Day for a hotel that you’d like to explore and enjoy the amenities of. We choose The Goodtime Hotel (see room tour here), but The Angler’s right across the street is also a very hotel with a beautiful rooftop pool (see room tour here). We had the room from 10am to 4pm.
- We received a glass a champagne upon arrival. So we checked into our room, changed and headed out for a bite to eat.
- Just across the street from The Goodtime Hotel at the corner of 7th St and Washington Ave. is Esquina Cubana which has the best food and a long list of many types of mojitos. So you make the most of your time.
- After lunch, we did some walking around South Beach and window shopped before going back to the hotel.
- The Goodtime Hotel has a beautiful pool with a DJ set that starts at 12pm, and all the Miami party vibes and aesthetic. We got into our swimsuits, and made our to the party where we saw a few bachelorette groups get their party on with the bottle service (lit up bottles and all). The drinks are a bit pricey (I paid $25 for a mojito), but I am sure that is the average at most places in Miami.
- Want to head to the beach? The hotel provides you with all the amenities as if you were an overnight guest, you have access to the beach and free chair rental with umbrellas an beach games just two avenues from Washington Ave. (Collins and Ocean Drive at the 7th ave. entrance).
Let me know if this helps, and what out quick pit stops you’d like me to share on my travels in the comments below.