Happy Monday! Hope you had a good weekend!
I imagine that I am not alone when I say that all parents make up and tell their children a few untruths every now and again. (Ok, they’re flat out lies! Call it what you want.) But without them, I have less leverage and that’s not going to happen (under my roof).
However, in an effort to be fully transparent with my son about how much of what I say is not really going to happen (when he’s old enough to read this in its entirety), and because he is officially starting to call me out on my untruths anyway, I will now reveal the top 10 lies that have come out of my mouth. (Gasp!)
Advertisement – continue below
10 Lies We Tell Our Children
1. Don’t sit too close to the TV or you will go blind. (I think I believe this now since I’ve said it only a billion times!)
2. If you make a face at me, it will stay that way forever.
3. If you eat any more sugar, you’ll bounce off the walls.
4. Never walk under a ladder or you will have bad luck. (True or not – I’m going to agree with this one. Why would you want to do that anyway?)
5. If you don’t go potty, your belly will fill up and then pop like a balloon. (Thank you Disney Jr. for those Nina Has to Go mini-shows!)
6. We go to sleep right after you go to sleep. (And I don’t know who is making all that noise after we fall asleep).
7. If you don’t pick up those toys, (INSERT character here…Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, etc..) won’t bring you anything.
8. Don’t put your shoes on a table or you’ll never get married. (Too early to worry about it? Sorry.)
9. If you get that Sharpie marker on your skin, it will never come off. Ever. (I said more than once.)
10. If you watch too much TV or the iPad, your brain will lose cells and you won’t be as smart as you could be. (Isn’t there science somewhere to back this up?)
So now that I got that off my chest, tell me, what are some of the untruths you have told your children (I might need a few new ones!)
Thank you for reading!