Have you been getting a chance to find peaceful moments in your day lately? How have you been handling the vast amount of news coming at you a mile a minute not knowing what tomorrow will bring? It hasn’t been easy for me. School is something I am genuinely nervous about as both a teacher and a mom. But, I’m mentally preparing.
So I took a break from a very active few days to get into nature again with my family. We visited the Deep Cut Gardens in Middletown, NJ – a stone throw away from the Grandparents – to see their vegetable garden & get away from the noise.
Plan to Explore Deep Cut Gardens
- It’s free. There is parking, but limited.
- Be sure to bring your camera. There are so many lovely areas to take photographs.
- Handheld umbrella to create some shade in the sun in case you aren’t able to find a shady spot to sit under and plan to stay for longer than 30 minutes. That’s how long it took to walk around without rushing.
- Picnic planning? Keep it small. It’s meant to be a space for peaceful contemplation and calm gatherings.
- There are some rock paths, so closed shoes is best. (Clearly, I didn’t know that! Ha!)
- Download PictureThis app to make the most of your visit with the kids.
Thank you for reading! If you do go for a visit, let me know if these tips helped make the most of your time there. And share with friends!